The guiding principle for our philosophy of education is based in the fact that “other foundation can no man lay than the one which is Jesus Christ “ (I Cor. 3:11). The entire process of education is, therefore, an attempt to encourage students to build their lives on the foundation of a right relationship to God and His world.
Since “all truth is God’s Truth” we are committed to the discovery and application of His Truth in every area of life. We are convinced that the experiences of life must be viewed through the grid of the inerrant Word of God. Students must not only be introduced to the Truth of God, they must also be instructed in how to apply this Truth to their own lives.
Regarding students: The biblical and philosophical goal of Wooster Christian School is to develop students into mature, Christlike individuals who will be able to exhibit a Christlike life. Of necessity, this involves the school’s understanding and belief of what qualities or characteristics exemplify a Christlike life. Even though parents may personally believe differently, while enrolled at Wooster Christian School, all students are expected to exhibit the qualities of a Christlike life espoused and taught by the school and to refrain from certain activities or behavior. Thus, Wooster Christian School retains the right to refuse enrollment to or expel any student who engages in sexual immorality, including any student who professes to be a homosexual/bisexual/transgender or is practicing those behaviors, as well as any student who supports or promotes such practices (Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:27).
We believe that God has committed to parents the responsibility of educating their children (Eph. 6:4, Deut. 6:6-9). We are convinced therefore, that the Christian school is the extension of the Christ-centered home and church. Our commitment is to supplement and assist these institutions, not supplant them.
Regarding parents: Wooster Christian School’s biblical role is to work in partnership with the home to mold students to be Christlike. On occasion, the atmosphere or conduct within a particular home may be counter or in opposition to the biblical lifestyle the school teaches. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, sexual immorality, homosexual/bisexual/transgender orientation, or inability to support the moral principles of the school. In such cases, the school reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse admission of an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a student.
We are dedicated to a Christ centered, educational program which includes the following:
- A Christian environment which presents the challenge to each student for a personal and abiding relationship with Christ.
- A well-organized and effective program of academic instruction which will meet or exceed all requirements prescribed by state law, as long as those requirements are not in disharmony with specific direction stated in God’s Word.
- A staff of well-trained, appropriately certified and dedicated teachers who are sensitive to the spiritual, educational, and personal needs of children and youth.
- A competent and experienced administrator to direct and supervise the educational program.
- Educational facilities, equipment and carefully selected materials which enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the instructional program.
- Auxiliary services as needed to supplement the educational program and to enable the school to better meet student needs.
- Appropriate emphasis for the teaching of citizenship, patriotism, respect for authority, and an understanding of those of different cultural backgrounds.
- The encouragement of each student to make a definite commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; instruction which relates the knowledge of the classroom to the Word of God; and motivation which directs students to dedicate their lives to Christ and to share the knowledge and appreciation of His Word in ministering to others.
Submitted by Christian School Committee, Wooster GBC 5/28/85